IB DP Curriculum
Prosser has been an authorized IBDP school since 2000. During that time, we've developed a curriculum that best fits our school and our students. The following course sequence prepares IBDP students for success at highly selective colleges and universities.
Ninth and tenth grade students enroll in Prosser IB Prep courses at the honors level. In their eleventh-grade year, they enroll in the following advanced level (6.0) IBDP Courses. All courses are two-year unless otherwise noted. Click on course titles to view IB Subject Briefs which outline the curriculum and assessments for each course.
- Group 1: IB English Language and Literature, Higher Level
- Grupo 1: IB Lengua A: Lengua y Literatura NS
- Group 2: IB Spanish B, Higher Level
- Grupo 2: IB Lengua B NS
- Group 3: IB History, Higher Level
- Grupo 3: IB Historia NS
- Group 4: IB Biology, Standard Level or IB Environmental Systems and Societies, Standard Level
- Grupo 4: IB Biología NM, o IB Sistemas Ambientales y Sociedades NM
- Group 5: IB Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations, Standard Level
- Grupo 5: Matemáticas: Aplicaciones e Interpretación NM
- Group 6: Students choose one of the following courses
- IB Information Technology in a Global Society (ITGS), Standard Level, One-year (last exam in May 2023) / Digital Society, Standard Level (first exam in May 2024)
- IB Visual Arts, Standard Level
- IB Psychology, Standard Level, One Year
- Grupo 6: Students choose one of the following courses
- Tecnología de la Información en una Sociedad Global NM, un año (último examen en mayo de 2023) / Sociedad Digital. NM, un año, (primer examen en mayo de 2024)
- Artes Visuales NM
- Psicología NM, un año
IBDP students are also required to complete the IB Creativity, Action, and Service (CAS) requirement, Creatividad, Actividad y Servicio, an Extended Essay (independent research paper), Monographia, and a two-year Theory of Knowledge, Teoria de Conocimiento course. Prosser IBDP students receive support and assistance to help them complete these requirements.